Finding safe and entertaining outings have been top of mind for me since the summer officially kicked off. From waterfalls to nature trails, we’ve safely covered a lot of ground (literally, we have to steps to prove it!)
I knew my oldest son’s birthday was approaching and we wanted to adhere to social distancing rules, but still celebrate him.
I heard about a drive-thru dinosaur attraction through a friend and checked online for details. My boys absolutely love dinosaurs and were excited when we surprised them with an adventure to the #Jurassic #Quest Drive-Thru at the Atlanta Motor Speedway just outside of Atlanta in Hampton, Georgia. As a parent, I was definitely curious to see how they would pull the event off. See some of our photos below and videos on our YouTube channel:
My Mom Take:
– Pack your patience: We went at the start of our time block, but should have arrived towards the back half to perhaps move along quicker.
– Prehistoric facts: I appreciated the facts shared via the audio tour and so did my boys when they were trying to figure out the dinosaurs they didn’t know. After purchase, you’ll receive a link to listen via SoundCloud while driving through the attraction.
– Prepare snacks: I snagged some snacks to keep in our vehicle for the drive to the speedway and during the attraction. They definitely came in handy!
– Drive-by gift shop + photo opp at the end: Y’all know how it goes. The old gift shop at the end of the attraction game. And the markups were high! We did purchase the Explorer Pack ($12 – photo below of what was included) when we bought tickets, which made the boys happy. There is also a complimentary photo taken at the end with a card for you to download directly to your phone.
– It’s what you make it: I applaud their efforts for pivoting in the middle of their tour to keep the attraction going. My kids enjoyed it and that’s all I needed. My husband and I were engaged and interactive with our boys, and it made for a good experience to see them light up at either our dino jokes or cool dino facts.